Are you a self-driven Technical Writer with a passion for creating user-friendly documentation? – Full-Time Technical Writer position with a national Inc. 500 SaaS Healthcare Software Company.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized 3x by Inc. Magazine, VitalWare is a national software company in the healthcare space. We are a fast, flexible, energetic team driving innovation in healthcare. As our sole Technical Writer, you will take the lead on our company’s Healthcare IT documentation needs. Your vast experience in this area will help you prioritize and single-source end-user documentation, online help, context-sensitive help, release notes, and training materials. If you are a self-starter, great communicator, highly organized, and have experience in help authoring tools, we want to talk to you and see if it is a fit for both us.
PS… Our culture and work environment is legendary, which means … people love us and stay! Let’s talk.
The Product Content Technical Writer prepares and maintains documentation pertaining to internal operations, user documentation and new features for the VitalWare suite of products. This position works closely with product management staff to translate business specifications into written user guides, product manuals, and other supporting documents. This position reports to and receives direction from the Director, Product Management. VitalWare has an opening for self-motivated, resourceful Technical Writer to join our talented, dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· Is highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment, and can produce multiple deliverables with competing deadlines.
- Gather information from existing documentation, training courses, user stories, and direct interaction with systems to develop documentation for several user-facing healthcare-IT products.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Client Experience Consultants, and Quality Assurance Engineers owners to develop, maintain and improve content to ensure it is accurate and complete.
- Independently conduct informational interviews with subject matter experts on moderately complex subject matter while maintaining a keen focus on users’ needs.
- Collect, evaluate and incorporate user feedback into published content. Consult with users and subject matter experts to maximize the “findability and usability” of knowledge assets.
- Use a help authoring tool to single-source our content and provide multiple outputs.
- Develop and edit content for a variety of deliverables, including release notes, user guides, standard operating procedures, preliminary marketing materials, in-app help, and context-sensitive help.
- Ensure that deliverables are submitted error-free and on time.
- Create an internal style guide that can be used across the teams to maintain consistency within the UI and documentation.
- Help to define and document team standards and processes.
- Follow an industry standard that can be referred to easily (e.g., MSTP).
Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional team members to stay current on new initiatives, projects, and activities that might require content development.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Three + years’ experience documenting software products
- Degree in English, Technical Writing, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of technical writing experience in a business environment
- Familiar with Help Authoring Tools (preferably MadCap Flare)
- Software developer documentation a plus.
Familiarity with structured writing, industry-standard technical writing conventions, and best practices.
- Flexibility to thrive in a deadline-driven environment with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Sharp attention to detail
- A proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, and deliver assigned projects on time