Are you a mid-revenue cycle chargemaster expert with a passion for great software? – Full-Time Product Owner position with a national Inc. 500 SaaS Healthcare Software Company.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized 3x by Inc. Magazine, VitalWare is a national software company in the healthcare space. We are a fast, flexible, energetic team driving innovation in healthcare. As a Chargemaster Product Owner, you will talk to our hospital users to determine our future software product features and then work with our development team to implement them in the coming product releases. Your vast experience in the hospital’s chargemaster will help our clients articulate the best features to add in our products. If you are a great communicator, are passionate about awesome software, work well in front of both clients and within development teams, we want to talk. If you have worked with Jira and have Chargemaster Product Owner experience you go to the top of the list! We want to talk to you and see if it is a fit for both us.
PS… Our culture and work environment is legendary, which means … people love us and stay! Let’s talk.
The Product Owner leads one or more teams in building and maintaining our flagship ChargeMaster software solutions (CDM) for our clients. As Product Owner, you will constantly engage with users, stakeholders, and support staff to identify the most pressing problems our users face and provide intuitive, user-focused solutions that are beneficial to the broader market.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Product Owner of CDM, you will bring out the best in your teams by:
- Use your Chargemaster expertise to help determine which software features are most important.
- Creating an environment where all team members feel valued.
Managing shifting priorities through a prioritized backlog to ensure your team is focused on work that provides maximum value and is aligned with your product strategy.
- Ensuring your teams meet their sprint commitments so your product deliverables are on time.
- Breaking down big problems into small stories that provide value to your users.
- Writing detailed acceptance criteria that developers and QA can rely upon to complete their tasks.
- Participating in daily standup Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Retrospectives.
- Ensuring the product strategy aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for your products.
- Keep a watchful eye on our competition to ensure our existing client base is protected by keeping up with industry standards and identifying new functionality that is desirable to your users.
- Ensure our products are priced competitively.
- Work with our Client Experience department to ensure they are prepared to support your products.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure your products are delivered properly.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, subject matter experts, and software developers.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of ChargeMaster/healthcare experience required
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- SaaS Experience
- Product Owner experience preferred
- Jira experience preferred
- Prototyping knowledge preferred
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Maintains a positive and results-oriented attitude.
- Must be well organized, accurate and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication, public relations and follow up skills.
- Must able to work independently and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.