Are you a Production Support Analyst looking for an opportunity for growth at a fast growing software company? – Full Time position with a national Inc. 500 SaaS Healthcare Software Company.
We are one of the fastest growing companies in America, recognized 3x by Inc. Magazine, VitalWare is a national software company in the healthcare space. We are a fast, flexible, energetic team driving innovation in healthcare. As a Production Support Analyst, you will be responsible for the health of all production systems and will provide technical product support to the VitalWare client and employee community. If you write SQL queries, have a high degree of technical acumen, excellent communication, and leadership skills, and technical troubleshooting skills you go to the top of the list! We want to talk to you and see if it is a fit for both us.
PS… Our culture and work environment is legendary, which means … people love us and stay! Let’s talk.
The Production Support Analyst is responsible for the health of all production systems and will provide IT support to the VitalWare client and employee community. This role is responsible for identifying incidents and events, analyzing problem trends, overseeing the management and resolution of issues, monitoring status, correlating events, understanding alarm diagnosis, and incident trends. In addition, this position troubleshoots and resolves discovered issues, and performs proactive activities that help to improve the overall operation of production services.
The Production Support Analyst requires technical acumen, excellent communication and leadership skills, and technical troubleshooting skills. Production Support Analyst is expected to quickly determine root cause, business impact and to resolve issues as quickly as possible to ensure the VitalWare client community is not adversely impacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalate critical tickets to appropriate support team and monitor tickets for the response from support teams ensuring customers are supported.
- Participate in the technical escalation of production issues, collaborating with both application and operational teams through systems analysis, diagnosis, troubleshooting, performance analysis and resolution.
- Participate in an on-call and/or shift rotation that provides 24x7x365 coverage, including management and monitoring of mission-critical systems.
- Monitor event logs identifying patterns of activity that could warrant technical intervention to resolve prior to a production outage.
- Develop knowledgebase articles and work instructions for use by department and inclusion into knowledge base of record.
- Follow ITIL process workflows to ensure operational tasks and activities are being followed for incident, request, change and event and problem management.
- Enhance systems management tools and procedures; Create SOP and work instruction to ensure consistency of practices and procedures; Ensure SOP procedures have been fulfilled; work instructions and OPs are followed.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Development teams to evolve services and improve system design and delivery of service.
- Evaluate documented resolutions, analyze trends, develop, and improve processes and procedures that are efficient and restore customer services quickly.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Working knowledge of incident management
- 5 years of experience in a technical role
- Experience and working knowledge in writing and managing IT support policies and procedures.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science; or experience may be considered without a degree.
- Experience in a development or Production/Support environment with first-hand experience in Incident Management and Change Management
- Experience with Jira Service Management tool
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Ability to write and modify basic MS-SQL queries
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to different audiences simultaneously, such as business, technical, operations, senior management, etc.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and perform critical thinking around driving an issue to resolution
- A team player and able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and work on multiple projects/applications simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule providing off-hours support. Employee will be scheduled for rotating on-call off-hours support.
- Strong analytical skills and an eagerness to learn new technologies
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and experience.
- Maintains a positive and results-oriented attitude.
- Must be well organized, accurate and attentive to detail
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.